ICON was founded to revolutionize homebuilding and making dignified housing the standard for people throughout the world. Using proprietary 3D printing robotics, software and advanced materials, ICON is solving a plurality of problems in the contemporary building industry with their breakthrough technologies.
ROLE: ICON FIELD CREW MANAGER
Reports to: Operations Director
Vacation: 2 Weeks Paid
Travel Requirements: Heavy (At least 50% of the time)
Start Date: Spring 2020
Location: Austin, TX
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, professional certification, or 5+ years’ experience in related field
IN ONE SENTENCE: At its core, the ICON Field Crew Manager leads teams during operation of large-scale concrete 3D printers for the construction of houses.There is no instruction manual for this.If you want to use your superpowers to solve one of humanities biggest challenges, then we want to meet you.
- Manage and lead teams that operate heavy machinery in extreme environments.
- Coordinate transport logistics of heavy machinery and all supporting equipment for domestic and international construction projects.
- Gain operational expertise across all components of the Vulcan 3D printing platform: pumps, hoses, electrical, motors, controls, and software.
- Document regular equipment maintenance and all troubleshooting activities.
- Must be willing to perform a wide range of tasks on a daily basis (e.g. Transition from cleaning concrete pumps to meetings with clients.)
- Required travel (including international) potentially on short notice
- Experience leading teams in a construction or field engineering setting
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Fluency with software and mechanical systems
- “First to arrive, last to leave” leadership mentality
- Innovative, driven, out of the box thinker, self-motivated to investigate and implement new ideas, and proactive in overcoming obstacles
- Ability to prioritize and stay cool in a dynamic start-up environment
- Current driver’s license
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be prepared to work in extreme environments temps > 100 degrees or below freezing, sun, rain, mud, lack of electricity, etc.
- Must enjoy tacos.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Capabilities to operate a forklift and other heavy machinery.
- Construction related experience.
- Knowledge of concrete equipment
- Speaks Spanish
- Prior start-up experience
- Comfortable in rigorous physical outdoor situations (camping, hiking, climbing, etc.)
Sound good? Submit Your Resume Here: