ICON was founded to revolutionize homebuilding and making dignified housing the standard for people throughout the world. Using proprietary 3D printing robotics, software and advanced materials, ICON is solving a plurality of problems in the contemporary building industry with their breakthrough technologies.
ROLE: CONTROLS ENGINEER
Reports to: Head of Control Systems
Type: Full Time (non-contract, non-remote)
Vacation: 2 weeks Paid
Travel Requirements: Light to Medium (6-12 Weeks Per Year Estimated)
Start Date: Spring 2020
Location: Austin, TX
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology, or computer science, or 4+ years’ experience in a related field.
IN ONE SENTENCE: The ICON Technology team is adding talented controls engineers to our team in an effort to develop, commission, and support our growing fleet of mobile large-scale concrete 3D printers.If you want to use your superpowers to solve one of humanity's biggest challenges, then we want to meet you.
- Develop cutting edge motion and process control software to develop and improve both new and existing products.
- Collaborate with other departments to design, develop, and implement control and sensing strategies across multiple areas of the company.
- Support printers operating in the field, both remotely and on site.
- Must be willing to perform a wide range of tasks on a daily basis (e.g. Transition from office work to field work at a moment’s notice).
- Travel is minimal, however, the ability to travel (including international) on short notice is required.
- Strong understanding and experience in the Industrial Automation and control systems industry.
- A solid understanding of IP based computer networking.
- Fluency in some form of real-time control software.
- A proven track record of delivering projects to end users.
- A solid understanding motion or process control techniques in real-time industrial systems.
- Innovative, driven, out of the box thinker, self-motivated to investigate and implement new ideas, and proactive in overcoming obstacles.
- A service oriented attitude when in a support role.
- Ability to prioritize and stay cool in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Current driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be prepared to work, in part, in extreme environments: temps > 100 degrees or below freezing, sun, rain, mud, lack of electricity, etc. We get dirty.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior start-up experience.
- Fluency in IEC 61131-3 languages, especially Beckhoff TwinCAT.
- Understanding of various field buses, protocols, sensors, and actuators.
- Advanced IP Networking, including VPN, mobile networks, IoT.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, and the ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of ROS.
- Industrial safety system experience.
- Knowledge of database-driven software.
- High-performance communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to less technical people.
- A hunger for learning and personal growth.
In addition to a resume, please include a cover letter that describes why your past experience and future aspirations make you a solid fit for this role, and the newest member of the ICON team.
Sound good? Submit Your Application Today!