ICON is a rapidly growing, privately held construction technology business. ICON was founded to revolutionize homebuilding and making dignified housing the standard for people throughout the world. Using proprietary 3D printing robotics, software and advanced materials, ICON is solving a plurality of problems in the contemporary building industry with their breakthrough technologies.
ICON was founded with the belief that human shelter in the future must be different than the shelter we have known to solve some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, and open some of our most exciting opportunities.
Team: Finance & Accounting Team
Reports to: CFO
Location: Austin, TX
Work: Full Time or Fractional (minimum 20 hours/week)R
We're looking for an experienced Controller to join the finance/accounting team. The right candidate will have experience with early-stage companies and an ability to help us build systems for growth, including the development of certain accounting policies, preparation for audit, and oversight of our day-to-day accounting. You will be part of a team of four, including this role, and will report to the CFO.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Responsible for the coordination of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues, and drive updates related to new GAAP guidelines.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Oversee and manage annual financial audit and tax compliance with external Audit and Tax Partners
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Select, implement and maintain the new accounting and budgeting systems.
- Support the CFO in providing inputs to financial models and analyses
- CPA required
- Advanced degree in Accounting, in addition to a Bachelor’s degree
- Strong preference for experience in technology or construction
- 7 or more years of relevant work experience, including people management
- Proven technical strengths in financial controllership, treasury, and financial administration.
- Proven ability to establish a new accounting team, including supporting the implementation of a new accounting system.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems, expense software, Microsoft Excel, inventory management systems, revenue recognition, purchasing, and reporting.
- Ability to construct and use a three-statement financial model.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate with team
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
ICON offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, and relocation.
ICON is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ICON is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Sound good? Submit your application today.
WHAT IS NEXT?
In addition to a resume, and cover letter please provide professional and academic references on your resume who can speak to your past experiences and future aspirations that make you a solid fit for this role.
Sound good? Submit your application today!