Manufacturing & Assembly Technician
ICON is looking to add a Manufacturing & Assembly Technician to our Printer Assembly team. The ideal candidate will need to be able to work in a team environment on the production floor in the areas of assembly, fabrication, paint, and other production areas. The ideal candidate should always ensure safety, quality, and standard work protocol are followed while using tools to accurately assemble both purchased and manufactured parts into finished products. This role will report to our Manager of Printer Assembly and will be based at our Austin, TX campus.
- Support work area safety, cleanliness, material usage, and shop organization.
- Production assembly work, rework, troubleshooting, in-process repair, and documentation of assembly Improvements.
- Perform equipment setup, operation, adjustments, and minor preventative maintenance tasks to meet safety, quality, and efficiency standards of equipment.
- Conduct analytical tests, measure, and record data using defined tools and software Inspect and test finished products during and after engineering builds.
- Collaborate with engineering to execute or improve manufacturing and test methods.
- Document results during and post engineering development build in a clear and concise manner.
- 2+ years of hands-on electrical and mechanical experience.
- Assembly and testing of manufactured goods experience.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Basic Computer literacy.
- Ability to work in a factory setting.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Work on platforms above 10ft.
- Ability to work with drawings, models, schematics, and work instructions.
- Proficiency with power tools and good motor skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, good organization, and analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to work with others in a cross-functional team environment and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Comfortable with frequent changes of direction, dynamic work environment, and passion to perform time-sensitive analysis under pressure.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Electrical wiring installation.
- Experience with operating and troubleshooting manufacturing equipment.
- Welding and Fabrication experience.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?