ICON is a rapidly growing, privately held construction technology business. ICON was founded to revolutionize homebuilding and making dignified housing the standard for people throughout the world. Using proprietary 3D printing robotics, software and advanced materials, ICON is solving a plurality of problems in the contemporary building industry with their breakthrough technologies.
ICON was founded with the belief that human shelter in the future must be different than the shelter we have known to solve some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, and open some of our most exciting opportunities.
ROLE: PROCUREMENT & INVENTORY SPECIALIST
Team: Finance & Accounting Team
Reports to: CFO
Location: Austin, TX
Work: Full Time
We're looking for an experienced Procurement & Inventory Specialist to join the finance/accounting team, and support the purchasing needs of both the Technology (R&D) team and the Operations (homebuilding) team. The right candidate will have experience with early-stage companies and an ability to help us build systems for growth. You will be part of a team of four, including this role, and will report to the CFO.
- Manage overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of procurement. Develop methods of business simplification for the procurement function.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain competitive pricing
- Identify cost reduction opportunities
- Prepare and issue purchase orders according to project schedule
- Inventory management
- Establish controls to monitor flow of inventory. Conduct physical inventory counts and report on inventory levels to finance.
- Define and develop procurement process for projects
- Work cross functionally with engineering/construction teams to ensure equipment and supplies are ordered correctly and on time.
- Build and maintain relationships with critical suppliers
- Reporting to management on procurement status as required.
- Support the CFO in providing inputs to financial models and analyses
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in purchasing and inventory management.
- Extremely strong preference for experience in construction. Technology experience also a plus.
- Experience in a high-volume, goal-oriented environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate with team and with our suppliers and vendors.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
ICON offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, and relocation.
ICON is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ICON is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Sound good? Submit your application today.
WHAT IS NEXT?
In addition to a resume, and cover letter please provide professional and academic references on your resume who can speak to your past experiences and future aspirations that make you a solid fit for this role.
Sound good? Submit your application today!