ICON was founded to revolutionize homebuilding and making dignified housing the standard for people throughout the world. Using proprietary 3D printing robotics, software and advanced materials, ICON is solving a plurality of problems in the contemporary building industry with their breakthrough technologies.
ROLE: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, SECURITY, DEV OPS
Reports to: Head of Control Systems
Type: Full Time (non-contract, non-remote)
Vacation: 2 weeks
Travel Requirements: Light (6 Weeks Per Year Estimated)
Start Date: Spring 2020
Location: Austin, TX
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information technology, computer science, or 4+ years’ experience in a DevOps or IT role.
IN ONE SENTENCE: The ICON technology team has a need for an IT / DevOps ninja to direct and manage our corporate IT infrastructure, while also managing connectivity and software deployments across our growing fleet of mobile large-scale concrete 3D printers.
If you want to use your superpowers to solve one of humanity's biggest challenges, then we want to meet you.
- Manage ICON headquarters IT Infrastructure, everything from office printers and conference room equipment, to routers and VPNs.
- Manage software deployments, online security, and availability of our remotely connected fleet of 3d printers and related equipment.
- Gain an operational understanding across all components of the Vulcan 3D printing platform.
- Create and implement a company-wide IT security plan, including all policies needed to comply with regulatory bodies as needed.
- Must be willing to perform a wide range of tasks on a daily basis (e.g. Transition from office work to field work at a moment’s notice).
- Travel is minimal, however, the ability to travel (including international) on short notice is required.
- A solid understanding of IP based networking architecture, including VPN configuration and deployment.
- Experience with automated software deployment systems.
- Experience administering Linux and Windows based systems.
- A solid understanding and mitigation of common attack vectors, and the ability to build hardened systems.
- Innovative, driven, out of the box thinker, self-motivated to investigate and implement new ideas, and proactive in overcoming obstacles.
- Ability to prioritize and stay cool in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Current driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be prepared to work, in part, in extreme environments: temps > 100 degrees or below freezing, sun, rain, mud, lack of electricity, etc. We get dirty.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior start-up experience.
- Advanced DevOps skills for remote software deployment and issue tracking.
- Advanced IP Networking, including site-to-site, M2M, and “Road Warrior” VPN administration.
- A lifetime of fascination with all things computer.
- Successful remote machinery/fleet management.
- Knowledge of version control systems, such as “git”.
- AWS, Google Cloud, bigquery, and G-suite administration.
- App deployment on IOS and Android, corporate “device” administration.
- Experience in the Industrial Automation / Manufacturing world is a huge plus.
- High performance communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to less technical people.
- A hunger for learning and personal growth.
In addition to a resume, please include a cover letter that describes why your past experience and future aspirations make you a solid fit for this role, and the newest member of the ICON team.
Sound good? Submit Your Application Today!