ICON was founded to revolutionize homebuilding and making dignified housing the standard for people throughout the world. Using proprietary 3D printing robotics, software and advanced materials, ICON is solving a plurality of problems in the contemporary building industry with their breakthrough technologies.
ROLE: ICON FIELD OPERATOR - ELECTRICAL
Reports to: Operations Director
Vacation: 2 Weeks Paid
Travel Requirements: Heavy (At least 50% of the time)
Start Date: Spring 2020
Location: Austin, TX
Education: Technical degree, professional certification, or 5+ years’ experience in related field
IN ONE SENTENCE: At its core, the ICON Field Operator supports the operation of large-scale concrete 3D printers for the construction of houses. There is no instruction manual for this. If you want to use your superpowers to solve one of humanities biggest challenges, then we want to meet you.
- Operating and troubleshooting the electrical and control systems of ICON’s concrete 3D printers and supporting equipment on construction sites in Texas and around the world.
- Diagnosing, repairing and replacing printer hardware/wiring as needed.
- Interacting with all components of the Vulcan 3D printing platform: electrical, motors, pumps, controls, and software.
- Documenting regular equipment maintenance and all troubleshooting activities.
- Daily setup and cleaning of all required tools and equipment.
- Required travel (including international) potentially on short notice.
- Commercial electrical or factory automation experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Fluency with software and mechanical systems
- Desire to work in a team setting
- Innovative, driven, out of the box thinker, self-motivated to investigate and implement new ideas, and proactive in overcoming obstacles
- Ability to prioritize and stay cool in a dynamic start-up environment
- Current driver’s license
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be prepared to work in extreme environments: temps > 100 degrees or below
- Must enjoy tacos.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Capability to operate a forklift
- Construction related experience
- Knowledge of concrete equipment
- Prior start-up experience
- Speaks Spanish
- Comfortable in rigorous physical outdoor situations (camping, hiking, climbing, etc.)
- Familiarity with Programmable Logic Controllers, SCADA, DCS
Sound good? Submit Your Resume Today!