ICON was founded to revolutionize homebuilding and making dignified housing the standard for people throughout the world. Using proprietary 3D printing robotics, software and advanced materials, ICON is solving a plurality of problems in the contemporary building industry with their breakthrough technologies.
ROLE: DIRECTOR OF HR
Reports to: VP Operations
Vacation: 2 weeks
Travel Requirements: Light (1-3 Weeks Per Year Estimated)
Start Date: Summer 2020
Location: Austin, TX
Salary: TBD (Based on Experience)
Education: MSHR or similar required, MSHR preferred. 8+ years of working experience leading or building an HR Program
IN ONE SENTENCE:
The ICON technology team is adding a Senior Level HR Professional to Helm ICON’s fledgling HR Department.
If you want to use your superpowers to solve one of humanity's biggest challenges, then we want to meet you.
- Implementing and revising a company’s compensation program
- Creating and revising job descriptions
- Conducting annual salary surveys
- Developing, analyzing, and updating the company’s salary budget
- Developing, analyzing and updating the company’s evaluation program
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
- Establish individual and team goals consistent with overall company OKRs
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
- Perform benefits administration
- Maintaining D&I programs
- Overseeing recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job recs
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counseling
- Overseeing exit interviews
- Maintaining department records and reports
- Participating in administrative staff meetings
- Maintaining company directory and other organizational charts
- Recommending new policies, approaches, and procedures
- Engage and reward team Values and build a culture of celebration and recognition
- Optimize ICON Talent through design and process simplification
- Development of the ICON workforce with leadership training coaching and mentoring
- Building a ICON talent base through employment branding and proper assessment tools
- Proven record of leading an HR team in a robust startup environment to deliver a robust Program
- Experience in working with and selecting widely adopted Industry tools to support a wide range of team needs
- A service-oriented attitude when in a leadership role
- Ability to prioritize and stay cool in a dynamic start-up environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be prepared to work, in part, in extreme environments: temps > 100 degrees or below freezing, sun, rain, mud, lack of electricity, etc. We get dirty.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous start-up experience, and/or a resourceful innovative nature with an ability to streamline or develop efficient processes
- Multi-lingual a strong plus
In addition to a resume, please include a cover letter that describes why your past experience and future aspirations make you a solid fit for this role, and the newest member of the ICON team.
PREFERRED PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
SHRM-CP (certified professional)
SHRM-SCP (senior certified professional)
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI)
Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR)
Human Resource Management Professional (HRMP)
Human Resource Business Professional (HRBP)
WHAT IS NEXT?
In addition to a resume, and cover letter please provide professional and academic references on your resume who can speak to your past experiences and future aspirations make you a solid fit for this role.
Sound good? Submit your application today!