Associate General Counsel
ICON is looking for an experienced and dynamic Associate General Counsel to join our team. The Associate General Counsel will report to the General Counsel and generally, work with executives in ICON’s technology, manufacturing, supply chain, product, and R&D teams. The ideal candidate will have a mix of in-house and law firm experience with prior experience working at a technology or high-growth company.
- Advise on business, product, and contract-related matters, including deal flow, contractual obligations, go-to-market strategies, sales enablement, channel relationships, and revenue generation.
- Direct and coordinate the support of outside law firms.
- Proactively support the conceptualization, development, and launch of new business models and product offerings.
- Manage processes to develop, maintain, and assert ICON’s intellectual property portfolio.
- Build relationships with people and leaders across the organization.
- Anticipate new legal issues that could impact the company.
- Review external-facing materials to ensure that they comply with legal requirements.
- Provide advice on a wide variety of legal issues, including those related to privacy and data collection, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school or its international equivalent.
- Active membership in TX State Bar Association or ability to be admitted as an active member within the first 90 days of employment.
- 7+ years of legal experience, with a minimum of 5 years experience at a law firm.
- Experience working closely with high-growth companies in an internal legal role or as an external legal partner.
- Ability to manage and analyze legal and commercial risks quickly, and communicate clearly and effectively with lawyer and non-lawyer client(s) alike.
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues.
- Ability to effectively and independently organize and manage multiple assignments and changing priorities.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Deep experience negotiating and drafting B2B software and hardware commercial contracts and license agreements, as well as a wide variety of vendor contracts and other types of commercial agreements.
- Strong knowledge of data privacy regulations.
- Working knowledge of legal matters related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience with government procurement processes and regulations.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?