Senior Software Engineer I, BuildOS
ICON is looking for an open-minded, structured thinker who loves to solve complex problems and appreciates the value of prototyping and iterating applications over time. As a Senior Software Engineer at ICON, you will be responsible for developing visualization and planning tools to streamline the residential construction process. This role reports to the Director of BuildOS and is based in our Austin, TX campus.
- Lead implementation of key software technologies in the BuildOS product, a digital construction software platform being developed from the ground up.
- Serve as a trusted expert in the technical aspects of business-critical problem areas.
- Serve as a trusted expert in industry trends, technologies, and best practices. Implement these technical solutions and practices in the organization as needed.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy reusable web-based components, libraries and APIs for use throughout a suite of applications within the BuildOS platform.
- Work with UX designers to enhance the Design System and implement new workflows for the BuildOS platform.
- Grow the technical competencies of the entire organization through education and mentorship.
- Work with application and backend engineers to manage relationships between authored model data, backend data, and rendering.
- 8+ years of professional experience in software engineering.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical leader across entire engineering organizations.
- BS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience developing web-based front-end applications.
- Experience developing REST APIs.
- Node.js and TypeScript experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- React, Redux, and RxJs experience.
- Experience as a technical leader at a startup.
- Experience working with a Component library.
- AWS Lambda and Serverless experience.
- AWS Cloud development kit experience.
- PostgreSQL, GraphQL experience.
- Experience working with Docker.
- Modern CI/CD workflows: GitHub, Jenkins, Travis, etc.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?