Mechanical Engineer II
We are currently seeking an experienced and talented individual to join our team as a Mechanical Engineer II. In this role, you will play a key part in our engineering department, contributing to the design, development, and implementation of mechanical systems and components. Your expertise will be crucial in ensuring the successful execution of projects and the continuous improvement of our product offerings.
- Design and develop mechanical systems and components, adhering to project requirements, budgets, and timelines.
- Utilize Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software to create detailed designs, models, and engineering drawings.
- Conduct analysis and simulations to validate designs and optimize mechanical performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including electrical engineers, product managers, and manufacturing staff, to ensure seamless integration of mechanical components.
- Prepare and present technical reports, design documentation, and feasibility studies.
- Perform risk assessments, troubleshooting, and problem-solving to resolve mechanical issues and ensure robust designs.
- Evaluate materials, components, and suppliers, considering factors such as quality, cost, and performance.
- Participate in design reviews, providing valuable feedback and recommendations.
- Mentor and guide junior team members, fostering their professional growth and development.
- Stay updated with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices, incorporating them into engineering designs when appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Mechanical Engineer, with at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced proficiency in CAD software (e.g., SolidWorks, AutoCAD) and other engineering analysis tools.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Experience in designing and developing mechanical systems and components for industrial applications.
- Solid understanding of engineering standards, codes, and regulations.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical thinking, and decision-making abilities.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail-oriented, with a focus on accuracy and precision in design work.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license is desirable but not mandatory.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?