Associate, Real Estate Business Development
ICON is looking for a Real Estate Business Development Associate to join the Business Development team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about building and executing go-to-market strategies and has a deep interest in at least a couple of the following subjects: housing, construction, real estate, robotics, technology, space, & defense. This role fits you if you're a stellar researcher, adept at creating strategy decks, and eager to learn about creating and supporting a Residential BD pipeline. This role is based on our Austin, TX campus and reports to the Director of Business Development.
- Support new business opportunities for ICON real estate developments.
- Help build relationships with builders, developers, city officials, engineers, architects, regulators, and land owners.
- Create financial models for a diverse range of real estate developments.
- Help team hit revenue & bookings targets.
- Support the management of a dynamic pipeline within our CRM platform.
- Prepare project proposals for internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform diligence on various real estate opportunities nationally and internationally.
- Collaborate on housing consumer market research and analysis.
- Work with and relay knowledge across various ICON departments.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience (including real estate financial modeling, fast-growing startups, investment banking, or management consulting).
- BS in Finance, Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Real estate development or construction experience.
- Excellent at creating sales and strategy decks (PPT, Google Slides, or Keynote).
- Proficient at creating real estate financial models.
- Strong desire to learn and grow with professional drive and a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and budget time.
- Ability to take initiative and respond to direction from managers and feedback from peers.
- Strong writer, who takes pride in your ability to convey complex ideas in a simple and relatable manner.
- Great interpersonal communication skills.
- Interest in construction technology, land development, and housing.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?