Project Manager, Architecture
ICON is seeking a Project Manager in Architecture to join our Architecture & Building Performance team. This position will liaise internally with construction operations and software teams, and externally with clients, architects, subcontractors, and city inspectors/administrators.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team, you will contribute to delivering world-class high-performance wall systems, enclosures, and buildings using ICON’s technology set. As an ICONIC, you will be a leader and direct contributor to the development of entirely novel approaches to high-performance buildings and you will have the opportunity to work with your team to advance humankind’s ability to provide dignified, affordable, resilient, and sustainable shelter to the world. This role is based locally in ICON’s Austin, TX laboratories, and will report to the VP of Building Design & Performance in the Architecture & Building Performance.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and internal ICON departments on project delivery tasks including: tracking schedules, milestones, deliverables, managing budget, and procurement tasks.
- Establish priorities and coordinate timelines to meet project delivery milestones.
- Liaise with external consultants per project. Manage contracts and purchase orders for various scopes of work.
- Coordinate with the Architecture & Building Performance team, software engineers, print technicians, and construction operations to ensure successful implementation of printed construction in the field.
- B.S. in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Construction Management, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in complex, multi-disciplinary design and analysis projects, including experience in construction project management.
- Knowledge of BIM management and coordination.
- Experience coordinating all phases of design (schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration) with all disciplines (civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing).
- Experience in Construction Administration, including RFI and submittal review, and other general construction related correspondence.
- Experience using Smartsheet, Procore, Confluence and Jira.
- Desire to work with a highly collaborative team, on a quickly evolving product, and in a fast paced environment.
- Interest in sustainable design, curiosity for novel architectural technologies, and desire to perfect the craft of construction.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Professional license.
- Experience in residential design and planning.
- Proactive problem-solving skills, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Commitment to responding to construction related challenges in real-time, day or night.
- Facile and meticulous daily communication strategy.
- LEED accredited Professional.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?