Print Operations Support Specialist
ICON is looking for a Print Operations Specialist to analyze and improve the scheduling, coordination, execution and quality of Print Operations by building and utilizing procedural improvements for supporting activities such as schedule management in Workday, tool utilization, and intra-site logistics. In this role, you’ll be the point of contact for maintaining team schedules, policies, and best practices as well as serving as a knowledge resource for teammates.
- Creating and maintaining the schedule for ~100+ hourly print team members, while listening to related feedback and proposing solutions.
- Coordinating the day-to-day operations of the support team, prioritizing support that enables print teams to run more efficiently.
- Being a resource for print team members by coordinating needs across the company and communicating department needs and feedback to appropriate stakeholders.
- Identifying, defining, and driving the implementation of new processes and procedures while also optimizing the organizational structure to maintain them. Tech facing on new initiative deployments, and operations facing on intra-site and HQ workflows.
- Tracking data - on every operator skill levels, certifications, training, and working with appropriate stakeholders to address imbalances and shortcomings to build stronger teams.
- Maintaining stock of tool trailers and parts kits on deployed projects as well as improving inventory processes that affect print teams.
- Policy and operational best practice resource identification, creation, and maintenance.
- Prior leadership/management or supervisory experience leading field teams of shift work.
- Ability to confidently take initiative in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to problem-solve and take ownership of team wide support technicians servicing print teams’ site wide.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Process driven with an attention to detail coupled with an ability to prioritize high-level thinking and planning.
- Ability to fulfill duties in outdoor environments, including weekend work and 12+hr shifts outdoors doing manual labor.
- Domestic travel up to 50% of the time.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of experience in construction, manufacturing, or other industry with dynamic team structures and fast paced implementations/improvements/iteration.
- Familiarity with concrete construction materials or factory production environment and the ability to think and stay ahead for the needs of the operation.
- Industrial safety system experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineers, print operators, logistics and inventory specialists, and project management.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?