ICON is looking for a Director, HRBP to serve as the key HR resource for our complex organization. As Director, HRBP at ICON, you will be responsible for driving and executing talent management strategies in order to further ICON’s mission of making dignified housing accessible to everyone and advance humanity. The Director, HRBP role can be hybrid with some time spent weekly at our Austin, TX lab, and will report to the Head of People on ICON’s People team.
- Own the HRBP function and iterate as needed.
- Partner with our Director, HR who will handle Total Rewards and People programs.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with leadership in every area of the business.
- Maintain a deep understanding of interdisciplinary relationships within the organization.
- Provide strategic business support and coaching to all levels of the organization.
- Direct the application of existing HR principles and practices.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives to support the achievement company goals.
- Work with hiring managers to scope out department headcount needs and the corresponding skills and experience.
- Lay the foundation for ICON to scale in the future.
- 9+ years of Human Resources experience with at least 6+ years of experience at the business partner or leadership level.
- Deep experience leading HR initiatives such as performance management or reorganizations.
- Proven track record of independently advising organizational leadership on Human Resources best practices.
- Proven track record of suggesting and leading talent strategies for assigned business areas.
- Robust understanding of how the HRBP role interfaces with other functional areas of the department and of the broader business.
- Experience using an applicant tracking system.
- Experience using Workday or similar HRIS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with human resources KPIs.
- Thorough understanding of DE&I best practices within the HR space.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?