Application Test Engineer
ICON is looking for an Application Test Engineer to design, develop, and implement testing of our Wall Systems. The application test team focuses primarily on the acceptance, qualification, and R&D test campaigns focused on the structures built using the Vulcan and Magma 3D printing systems. You will be responsible for planning, creating, and completing test campaigns. You are the expert and the developer of test programs to test a Wall System's feasibility and performance, including our wall systems' structural designs, material properties, printability, and constructibility. Additionally, you function as the point of contact for a cross-functional team to test the structural and architectural design. This role is based at ICON’s Austin, TX location and will report to the Testing Manager. Additionally, travel to ICON’s job sites to support troubleshooting may be required.
- Engineer wall system test campaigns, design test infrastructure, and generate test plans.
- Design strategies and processes to test architectural and structural designs using 3D additive construction technology.
- Technical expert in the application and integration of our print technology with architectural and structural design.
- Acts as subject matter expert in cross-functional projects to solve complex problems.
- Liaison between the theoretical design and turning it into something achievable.
- Work with internal and external architects and engineers to develop test plans and propose potential solutions to test issues.
- Testing is data-driven; therefore, be proactive in collecting and disseminating data.
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, or other engineering discipline.
- Versed in SolidWorks, Revit, and/or Rhino.
- Minimum 2+ years experience in a related field of Structural or Civil Engineering.
- Understanding and insight of Construction Processes.
- Experience using Concrete and Cementitious Materials.
- Attention to detail.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in FEA and FMEA.
- Experience in Regulatory Compliance. (ICC, UL, & ACI)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be prepared to work, in part, in extreme environments: temps > 100 degrees or below freezing, sun, rain, mud, lack of electricity, etc.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. It is our policy to administer all personnel actions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Consistent with the obligations of these laws, ICON will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?