Mechanical Engineer II, Magma
- Create design solutions utilizing engineering methods with good documentation processes.
- Design and create prototypes using in-house and external fabrication.
- Perform engineering calculations to support design work.
- Progress development of subsystems through product commercialization.
- Must be willing to perform a wide range of tasks on a daily basis (e.g. Transition from office work to field work).
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of component manufacturing processes (including machining, rapid prototyping, etc).
- Proficiency using parametric solid modeling and CAD software to design and document parts and assemblies.
- Minimum of 5 years of SolidWorks and PDM experience.
- Capable of producing drawings and applicable drawing and tolerancing standards.
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability.
- Adept at communicating in a collaborative team environment and seeking optimum solutions with other team members.
- Knowledge of the AGILE SCRUM methodology of project management.
- A service-oriented attitude when in a support role.
- Ability to prioritize and stay cool in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be prepared to work, in part, in extreme environments: temps > 100 degrees or below freezing, sun, rain, mud, lack of electricity, etc.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous start-up experience, and/or a resourceful innovative nature with an ability to streamline or develop efficient processes.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, and the ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems.
- Industrial safety system experience.
- A hunger for learning and personal growth.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. It is our policy to administer all personnel actions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Consistent with the obligations of these laws, ICON will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?