Sr. Software Engineer II, Controls
ICON is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help lead the software department for ICON’s Control Systems team. As a Senior Software Engineer at ICON, you will be in a hands-on coding and technical design role with responsibility for the creation and support of well designed, maintainable on-premise and cloud-deployed software systems.
ICON’s software is a unique blend of real-time vs microservice architectures, cloud vs on-premise computing, and native vs web user interfaces. Engineers are encouraged to take broad full-stack views of problems and solutions.
- Designing and implementing software features aligned with product team roadmaps.
- Developing coding standards which adhere to industry best practice.
- Ensuring standards and guidelines are automated as much as possible to provide regular and timely feedback on the quality of code and designs.
- Building relationships with external stakeholders.
- Proactive communication and escalation of code quality or related technical risks, issues and other relevant information.
- Leading or supporting multidisciplinary diagnostics and troubleshooting efforts.
- Mentoring other software team members toward proper understanding of the principles, practices and standards of software design.
- 5+ years experience in software development with, desirably, experience in a software technical leadership role.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or 5+ years of equivalent experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience in software architecture within a distributed system environment.
- Demonstrable ability to own and deliver solutions/results of increasing technical complexity.
- Highly collaborative in seeking the right solution with cross functional teams.
- Strong communication and analytical skills and a thorough understanding of product development and experience working with senior leadership teams.
- Self-starting attitude, excited to make things happen in new and ambiguous situations.
- Superior ability to influence and collaborate with senior management and work across all levels of the organization.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. It is our policy to administer all personnel actions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Consistent with the obligations of these laws, ICON will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?