Senior ML Infrastructure Engineer I
ICON is looking for a Senior ML Infrastructure Engineer I to join the BuildAI team. BuildAI is ICON’s AI-powered software platform for housing design. We're on the cusp of a revolution in architecture. Generative AI and digital design together will radically improve the home construction process. ICON has a unique opportunity to lead this change and further its vision to make affordable, dignified and beautiful architecture available to everyone
As a Senior ML Infrastructure Engineer I at ICON you’ll build out the next generation of digital design tools, helping combine the creativity of generative AI models, the precision of ICON’s digital design tools and the flexibility of 3D printing. If successful your work will help millions of people design and build their dream homes.
ICON is looking for an open-minded, structured thinker who loves to solve complex problems and appreciates the value of prototyping and iterating applications over time. You will be responsible for developing planning, visualization and design tools to power the residential design and construction process. This role reports to the Director of AI and is based in our Austin, TX headquarters.
- Implement new back end services for our BuildAI platform.
- Design, develop, test and deploy reusable services and paradigms for use throughout a suite of applications within the BuildAI platform.
- Work with Front End developers to implement new workflows for the BuildAI platform.
- Work with application and front end engineers to manage relationships between authored model data, backend data and rendering.
- 7+ years of experience.
- BS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience developing REST APIs.
- Node.js and TypeScript experience.
- Experience building microservices.
- Work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders to rapidly analyze and reduce large requirements into small deliverables.
- An ability to learn and develop skills.
- An ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both in-person and written.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- AWS Lambda and Serverless experience.
- AWS Cloud development kit experience.
- PostgreSQL, GraphQL experience.
- Python, C++ experience.
- Experience working with Docker.
- Modern CI/CD workflows: GitHub, Jenkins, Travis, etc.
- Can be remote but must be willing and able to travel to Austin.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?