Systems Engineer and Scheduler, Off-Planet Robotics
ICON is looking for a Systems Engineer and Scheduler to assist in our R&D efforts. This role is based locally in ICON’s Austin, TX laboratories, and will report to the Director of Off-Planet Systems in the Strategic R&D Department.
- Use NASA and NASA-like systems engineering approaches, including model based system engineering (MBSE) to manage requirements, milestones, and associated programmatic and system needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams to schedule procurement, fabrication, and test for a spaceflight hardware program.
- Create documentation and organize technical information to serve as deliverables in government contracts, white-papers, and presentations.
- Perform a wide range of tasks on a daily basis (e.g. Transition from office work to field work at a moment’s notice).
- Establish individual and team goals consistent with overall company OKRs.
- B.S. degree in engineering discipline, business management, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain, procurement, manufacturing, integration, or another relevant field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills such as Windows, G-suite, etc.
- Ability to work with a strong work ethic and close attention to detail in a fast-paced dynamic team environment with rapidly changing roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with procurement, production, and assembly of robotic systems or industrial equipment
- Experience in Aerospace, preferably with spaceflight hardware development
- Experience in Additive manufacturing technologies
- Experience in managing schedule and cost for large-scale and dynamic engineering projects
ICON is an equal opportunity employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. It is our policy to administer all personnel actions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Consistent with the obligations of these laws, ICON will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?