ICON is seeking a highly capable Finance Associate to join a growing and dynamic team focused on all things finance, analysis, capital markets, and investor relations. This key member of the finance team will work closely with the VP of Finance, CFO, and other senior leadership and will be primarily responsible for financial modeling, project and unit-level analysis, supporting capital markets activities, special project diligence and analysis, and supporting investor and board-level reporting.
The right candidate will thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented, and mission-driven environment, and will align with ICON’s core values… velocity, ambition, and courage. This is a long-term opportunity for a talented finance professional to work directly with some of the most talented and passionate leaders in their fields, and to be a part of a company that is changing the world for the better. This role is based in Austin, TX and reports to the VP of Finance.
- Create and maintain company and project-level financial models.
- Historical financial analysis with a constant focus on improved forecasting.
- Diligence and other special project activities related to R&D, business development, and construction opportunities.
- Evaluate commercial contract profitability and pro-forma impact on company broadly.
- Support investor and board communications including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting.
- Actively engage in quarterly board meeting process and creation of associated materials.
- Support fundraising and capital markets activities.
- Work with the accounting team to optimize treasury management activities.
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, and/or corporate finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Elite Excel and PowerPoint skills with demonstrated passion for financial modeling and the visual display of quantitative information.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners.
- Ability and desire to communicate financial concepts and information to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. It is our policy to administer all personnel actions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Consistent with the obligations of these laws, ICON will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?