Sr. Support Engineer
As part of the Engineering Support team, you will be a key player in the success and reputation towards the company. How well you communicate and troubleshoot will be a direct reflection of Icon. You will be responsible for providing support via phone, chat, email, and face-to-face support when needed. Desire to personally resolve issues and recognizing when to escalate are a vital attribute to thrive in this role. Must be capable of working day or night shifts, weekends, and support an on-call schedule when needed.
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, and software systems virtually or in person using schematics or other documentation.
- Manage the delivery and inventory of replacement part inventories.
- Provide detailed project reports that support department metrics.
- Actively listen to our customers with a variety of technical backgrounds to determine the root cause.
- Collaborate with internal engineering technical teams, operations, product management, and business development to solve problems.
- Actively engage in developing the team and improving metrics.
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant field with 5+ years in a similar technical environment.
- Competency interpreting or programming PLC’s, VFD’s, digital and analog signals.
- Solid electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and schematic comprehension.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong desire to be “in the know” regarding new hardware and software changes.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance.
- Strong desire to become the subject matter expert of the equipment.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Solid time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. It is our policy to administer all personnel actions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Consistent with the obligations of these laws, ICON will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?