ICON is looking for an experienced and dynamic attorney to join our team as ICON’s General Counsel. The ideal candidate will have a corporate orientation obtained through advising companies as outside counsel at a high-profile law firm or through service in a corporate legal department. In this role, you will leverage your previous experience working with executives in high-growth companies, experience leading, training, and managing other lawyers in a high-expectation environment, and your demonstrated capacity for pragmatism and strategic thinking.
● Advise ICON’s executive and management teams on a wide range of legal issues.
● Build and manage ICON’s legal department and related infrastructure.
● Liaise with ICON’s board of directors, stockholders, and other stakeholders on matters related to the legal function.
● Direct and coordinate the support of ICON’s outside law firms including without limitation subject matter experts on corporate and securities matters, intellectual property matters, immigration, employment and labor-related matters, government and
compliance matters, matters specific to the construction and real estate industries, litigation, and technology & other commercial transactions.
● Proactively support the conceptualization, development, launch and support of new business models and product offerings.
● Support corporate transactions including financings and mergers and acquisitions.
● Build and manage internal processes pertaining to ICON’s compliance with applicable law, regulation, and contractual commitments.
● Build and manage processes to develop, maintain and assert ICON’s intellectual property portfolio.
● Work alongside and advise other departments within the company.
● Anticipate novel legal issues that could impact the company.
● Review external-facing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements.
● Provide training to the company on legal topics.
● JD or international equivalent.
● Active membership in TX state bar association or ability to be admitted as an active member within the first 90 days of employment.
● 15+ years of legal experience, with a minimum of five years’ experience at a top law firm.
● Experience working closely with high-growth companies in an internal legal role or as an external legal partner.
● Strong communication and presentation skills.
● Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Experience with technology sectors.
● Experience with both public and private companies.
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We're a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we're not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn't hurt that it's super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn't exist before—and that someone can now call home?