ICON is looking for a Technical Program Manager to manage the cross functional development of our 3D printing systems that are revolutionizing the construction technology industry. The ideal candidate should have a solid foundation of project management tools, processes, and methodologies. This individual is extremely proficient at communicating accurate information both out and up. We need a self-starter who is humble, meticulous, hardworking, collaborative and loves to solve problems. This role will report to our CTO out of Austin, TX
● Own the execution of multiple programs and their interrelated projects in an organized, detailed manner. Projects require cross-functional coordination, communication, influence, and negotiation.
● Develop and maintain project related documentation such as schedules, action logs, risk registers, and updates.
● Analyze stakeholder needs across all workstreams to identify gaps, identify risks, and define mitigation for an acceptable and timely solution.
● Efficiently communicate project status to stakeholders and leadership via presentations, dashboards, email, verbal, etc.
● Assume accountability for the entire program from start to finish while ensuring all project objectives and deliverables are met.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or STEM-related field
● At least 4 years' of experience with a proven track record of successfully managing hardware/software and or construction projects to completion
● Innovative and creative problem solver with meticulous attention to detail and a stickler for time management
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to filter and distill the relevant information to the right audience
● Comfortable with change and ambiguity with the ability to quickly propose solutions given limited guidance.
● Can communicate with technical and non-technical team members effectively
● Experience in engineering, test/validation, and manufacturing
● Robotics product experience is a plus
● PMP certification is a plus
● Adept at communicating in a collaborative team environment and seeking optimum solutions with other team members
● Knowledge of the AGILE SCRUM methodology of project management
● A service-oriented attitude when in a support role
● Must be able to lift 50 pounds
● Must be prepared to work, in part, in extreme environments: temps > 100 degrees or below freezing, sun, rain, mud, lack of electricity, etc. We get dirty.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Previous start-up experience, and/or a resourceful innovative nature with an ability to streamline or develop efficient processes
● Demonstrated ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly and to lead operations and technical teams
● Ability to prioritize and stay cool in a dynamic start-up environment
● A hunger for learning and personal growth
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We're a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we're not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn't hurt that it's super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn't exist before—and that someone can now call home?